Please join parents, self-advocates, and other advocates in the disability community for Disability Matters Day at the Capitol on Tuesday, February 28th, 2017. Share your story and concerns with your state legislators, and rally for the services that make your life in the community possible. Make your voice heard!
Schedule of Events
10:00 a.m.: Check in at the L’etoile du Nord Room in the State Capitol basement. Pick up materials and fact sheets.
11:30 a.m.: Join advocates from around the state in the Capitol Rotunda and rally!!
Before and/or after the rally: Meet with your state legislators.
There is no fee to attend, however, please register and let us know you are attending here.
Prepare for the Day
- Make an appointment with your state senator and representative before you come. If you don’t know who your state legislators are, call 1-800-657-3550, or click here.
- Go to www.arcmn.org for briefing materials and for fact sheets on a number of the disability issues that advocates will be working on this session. See links to Disability Matters Day at the Capitol on the home page of www.arcmn.org
- Make plans for lunch. You can buy lunch in the basement of the State Capitol or the cateteria in the State Transporation Builiding nearby, or you can bring lunch with you to eat at the event.
- Make a plan for transportation and parking. Information on parking at the State Capitol (including accessible parking lots) can be found here.
- The newly restored Minnesota State Capitol has added some features to make it more accessible. Click here.
- Bring a supply of quarters and/or a credit card to pay for metered parking.
Please contact Mike Gude with any questions at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org 651-604-8066.
The event sponsors include: Brain Injury Alliance of Minnesota, Get Up Stand Up to Cure Paralysis Foundation, Minnesota Consortium for Citizens with Disabilities, and The Arc Minnesota. Photo credit: Doug Knutson.
See you at the Capitol on February 28th!