Have questions on reporting requirements? All are welcome to a training provided by DHS on June 16 from 9:30 – 11 am.
What to Report, Where to Report, and What Happens Next
June 16 | 9:30 – 11 am
Brooklyn Park Library
Mississippi River Room
8500 W Broadway Ave
Brooklyn Park, MN 55443
You will learn about:
- The DHS Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) Unit, the Central Intake Unit, and the Aging and Adult Services Unit.
- How the work of the HCBS Unit, Central Intake Unit, and Aging and Adult Services Unit intersects.
- The Minnesota Adult Abuse Reporting Center (MAARC).
- The review of the reporting requirements for suspected maltreatment involving HCBS licensed facilities and services as defined in the Reporting of the Maltreatment of Vulnerable Adults Act.
- A comprehensive review of the report requirements for incidents involving HCBS licensed facilities and services as defined in 245D, including:
- Serious injuries
- Behavior Intervention Reporting Form (BIRF) incidents
- What happens to a report after you contact MAARC or complete the online web report.
- What happens to a report once it is received by DHS Central Intake Unit.
To learn more or to register, contact Kayla at (952) 920-0855 or firstname.lastname@example.org.