Come and meet your elected officials! At this special home visit for Senate District 43, you will have the opportunity to voice your concerns that affect you, your family and the disability community to your local officials. The Arc Greater Twin Cities and host, Leslie Sieleni will facilitate the meeting. The home visit will be held at Leslie’s home located at 1720 Elm Street, White Bear Lake, MN 55110. Speak up and develop a relationship with those who represent you! Some of the issues that will be discussed include:
- Expanding the use of Consumer Directed Community Supports (CDCS)
- Lowering parental fees
- Raising Medical Assistance Income & Assets standards
- Supporting increases in pay for direct care professionals
- Support for special education
- Transportation funding and other issues
Elected officials attending this Home Visit include Sen. Charles Wiger; Rep. Peter Fischer; Rep. Leon Lillie; Ramsey County Commissioner Victoria Reinhardt; White Bear Lake School Board Member Janet Newberg; White Bear City Council Member Steven Engstran; and Metropolitan Council Member Sandy Rummel.
No RSVP required. Registrations will be taken when you arrive.
Questions? Contact Gene Martinez at email@example.com or call 952-915-3615.