Individuals with disabilities are at far greater risk for abuse of all kinds than people without disabilities. We believe people with disabilities must be free from abuse, neglect or any kind of mistreatment. The Arc provides training for self-advocates and those who support them, plus a wealth of online and print resources.
- Read The Arc’s Position Statement
- Take the pledge to stop violence, abuse and bullying
- Watch our video “It’s Not OK”
ARC GUIDE RESOURCES
- Arc Guide to Abuse Definition & Statistics
- Arc Guide to Risk Factors for Abuse
- Arc Guide to How to Empower Individuals to Prevent Abuse
- Tips Case Managers Can Use to Help Prevent Abuse of People with Disabilities
HOW DO I GET MORE INFORMATION?
For more information, please submit your question to Ask an Advocate or call The Arc Greater Twin Cities at 952-920-0855.